Playlist of the Week: Boston Musicians Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

As a proud New Yorker, part of me, on some level, is raised to hate most things associated with Beantown.  The Red Sox, the drivers, and the lack of a decent piece of pizza or accurately prepared bagel should make me feel decently nauseated and begging for the next Fung Wah back to Manhattan.  However, people do not just stick around somewhere for three years in a place that they dislike (well, at least most people).  I have come to love my home away from home and all that it entails.  In fact, besides the appreciation I have for the Eagles and the Heights, I find myself, during the summer, missing concerts in Cambridge, Sweet Cupcakes, and Newbury Street.  Also, as a music fan, I have come to understand the great contributions that come from the city.  From the painfully obvious (really, Boston comes from Boston? Go figure…) to the ones I had no idea about, there is no doubt that talent is born and raised near the Charles.  So, while I may not be eating much pizza here (make better crust please), there is no doubt I am happy to currently reside in the Hub.

“Sweet Emotion” – Aerosmith
“The Impression That I Get” – The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
“Bone Machine” – Pixies
“Two Points for Honesty” – Guster
“State of Massachusetts” – Dropkick Murphys    

Photo Source:
http://bokardo.com/archives/designing-the-usage-lifecycle-workshop-in-bo…

Katie Moran is a junior at Boston College, majoring in Communication. Originally from Seattle, she loves the East Coast but misses her rainy days and Starbucks coffees. On campus, Katie is involved with Sub Turri Yearbook, the Appalachia Volunteer Program, UGBC Women's Issues Team, Cura, and the Women's Resource Center Big Sister Program. She loves reading, watching "Friends," and exploring new places. She has a passion for creating and hopes to begin a career in marketing and advertising.