For my last recipe of the semester, I wanted to do something simple and tasty. I was thinking ice cream, but then I came across this sorbet recipe and just couldn’t resist trying it. Keep reading to see how I made it!
- 2 lb. organic strawberries, washed, hulled, and quartered
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 4 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar (I used blood orange balsamic)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (optional)
How to Make the Sorbet:
1. In a small bowl or mason jar, combine all the ingredients; cover and store in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
2. When ready to make the sorbet, combine the strawberries and all juices in a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency.
3. Transfer blended strawberries to the base of an automatic ice cream maker and follow manufacturers directions. (I don’t own one, so I just put it in a container and froze it in the freezer, it worked perfectly!)
Overall Rating: 8
Time Spent in Kitchen: Less than 20 minutes (minus the waiting time in step one and the time it took for the sorbet to freeze)
This is the perfect treat for a hot summer’s day or even a BBQ. If you don’t want to make the sorbet, the strawberries soaked in the sugar and balsamic are also delicious straight from the mason jar.
Thanks for a fun year of baking everyone! Have a great summer!
Peace, Love & Pinterest,