The Perfect Christmas Songs to Add to Your Holiday Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We all have that urge to belt out Christmas songs as soon as Fall turns into Winter. There are a number of festive tunes to choose from, so why not sing them all? If you can’t remember, here are some of the best songs of the season.

1. All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey

Obviously this song tops the list. As soon those first notes comes on, the room is already preparing itself to belt out those first lines. It is an iconic Christmas song that every festive playlist needs on it.

2. Jingle Bell Rock by Brenda Lee

Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring, dancing and prancing in jingle bell square in the frosty airrrr! I know you want to sing along, so go ahead and pop it on the playlist.

3. Last Christmas by Wham!

A great song that must be sung at all Christmas parties. The angst brings a different kind of feeling to the holiday season, but it’s a classic nonetheless.

4. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee

Before Christmas can begin, you have to go rocking around the Christmas tree!

5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen

He’s making a list and checking it twice, so you’d better do the same and make sure this song is on your holiday playlist.

6. Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives

You can’t not feel the Christmas cheer listening to this song!

7. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Darlene Love

It’s not Christmas until this song is played!

So turn on your speakers, pump yourself up, and enjoy a Christmas sing-a-long with your roomies (or yourself)!

Alexandra is a Senior History major with an English minor at Boston College who can always be found procrastinating by reading books or watching Netflix. She is known for making puns so bad that not even her friends laugh at them (but she always does). Her favorite ice cream flavor is Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. Favorite movies include When Harry Met Sally, Dead Poets Society, and The Princess Bride.