Meet the Team Part 12: Kira, Lauren and Alexandra!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet Alexandra!!

Name: Alexandra Nafash
School: LSOE
Class Year: 2013
Major: Secondary Education and Math
Role in HC BC: Writer

Hometown: Kinnelon, NJ
Extracurricular involvement: BC SPLASH teacher, BC OCF, HC BC
Favorite classes: Children’s Literature and Fundamentals of Math
How you spent your summer vacation: I worked at a Summer School for special education students.

Guilty pleasure dessert: Anything with ice cream (as long as it’s not mint chocolate chip – chocolate is for dessert, mint is for toothpaste and gum).
Song currently stuck in your head: “I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In” T-Swift
Movie you watched most recently: New Year’s Eve
The TV show you can’t get enough of: Pretty Little Liars

Favorite chichéd quotation: “Everything happens for a reason.”
Little known fact: I have over 100 pairs of shoes (and yes I wear them all…for the most part).

Introducing Kira!!

Name: Kira Newton
School: LSOE
Class Year: 2015
Major: Elementary Education and Human Development
Role in HC BC: Publicist

Hometown: San Diego, CA
Extracurricular involvement: Her Campus, BC Neighborhood Program
Favorite class: Adolescent Psychology
How you spent your summer vacation: Working at a Children’s Hospital, traveling with
my family, and going to the beach

Guilty pleasure dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Song currently stuck in your head: “Ships in the Night” by Mat Kearney
Movie you watched most recently: Bridesmaids
The TV show you can’t get enough of: New Girl and Vampire Diaries

Favorite chichéd quotation: “Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose” from Friday Night
Lights

Little known fact: I love to cook!

Meet Lauren!!

Name: Lauren Ruvo
School: LSOE
Class Year: 2014
Major: Applied Psychology Human Development and Communications
Role in HC BC: Writer

Hometown: Las Vegas
Extracurricular involvement: Her Campus BC, 21st Century Athenas Research Assistant, Her Campus Chapter Advisor for the National Branch.
Favorite class: Adolescent Psych
How you spent your summer vacation: I went to Spain and Rome on a wine tasting trip with my mom when school ended and then went home and spent the summer interning in Las Vegas at the Las Vegas Sun. My best friend and roommate Marye came and interned in Vegas as well so I got to spend all summer with her.

Guilty pleasure dessert: Anything chocolate peanutbutter
Song currently stuck in your head: “Angel Eyes” by Love and Theft
Movie you watched most recently: Taken
The TV show you can’t get enough of: Sex and the City…I could watch reruns all day

Favorite chichéd quotation: “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring” -Marilyn Monroe
Little known fact: In high school I entered a beauty pageant as a complete joke and won

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.