The Little Things: Spring Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The sun is shining.  Red and gold flowers have bloomed on the banked lawns as you walk to class.  You step into Hillside and grab your favorite: an iced hazelnut latte.  You wave hello to your friends who’ve snagged the much sought-after table outside, and ascend the Million Dollar stairs.  It’s springtime on the Heights and here are just some of the little things you should take the time to enjoy this spring.

Soaking up the Sun
After a long day of note taking and making deadlines, you long for some time to relax.  What better way to wind down than to lounge on the lawn in front of Bapst or cool off with a coffee in the Quad?  You wave as your friends pass by in between classes in their chic sunglasses.

Sunglasses
Ray Ban wayfarers or the always cool aviators, sunglasses add style to your ensemble, and shade your eyes from the harmful rays.  Wearing this glamorous accessory always gives you a sense of mystery and intrigue.  It also gives you the audacity to check out the cutie reading the latest issue of The Heights outside of Higgins.

Skirt Day
Finally, after the oppressive winter of wearing the same tired outfit of sweater, jeans, and boots, you can finally skirt the rules, and show of your gorgeous legs.  Whether it be in a micro-mini or a printed pencil skirt, embrace the sunny season by flaunting your femininity

Bright Colors
Punchy poppy, audacious aqua, and tantalizing tangerine are just some of the colors that are IN this spring. Spruce up your apartment with full-of-color flowers or style up your favorite tee with a scarf as bright as the newly bloomed buds.

Iced Coffee
Chatting with your friends in line at hillside or at the Cleveland Circle Starbucks, you order a skim caramel macchiato, or if your feeling a little daring, a dirty chai.

Photo Sources:
boston.com
bc.edu
bcsartorialist.tumblr.com 
teenvogue.com
fashionologie.com
myinnermuse.wordpress.com

Meghan Keefe is a senior associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus Media. While she was a student at Boston College, she was on the HC BC team and led as a Campus Correspondent for two semesters. After graduating and working for three years in public relations, she decided it was time to rejoin the Her Campus team. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring Boston and traveling - anything that gets her outside.