I’m in Love with CoRo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Hello. My name is Vanessa and I’m in love with CoRo. I know what you are thinking, “How could anyone love CoRo?!” As a second semester sophomore, I find CoRo the perfect place to live. It is quiet, convenient, and most importantly, it is clean. Unfortunately, the housing process leads many to believe that friendships come in only eight, four, six, and nine. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Here are some reasons why you should love CoRo!

Cost

For the 2016-2017 school year, CoRo and 66 cost $8,610 for the year while Walsh costs $9,230. You might think living in Walsh is the dream but it can be very costly as people continue to break ceiling tiles. The clean up and replacement gets charged to all the rooms on the floor where the tile was broken. Also, Walsh does not have central air, so during the summer just know they will be going through the same thing as you on CoRo, but they will be sweating for a higher cost. Vandy and 90 costs $9,700 next year, but they do have central air. While you may not have central air, it will be okay. You survived freshman year without it, I’m sure you can do it again. On the bright side living on CoRo saves you money! Now you have a little extra money to go shopping with!

Bathrooms

While you may not have your own personal bathroom, at least your communal one gets cleaned everyday. While you are not able to supply your own toilet paper, at least you don’t have to buy it all the time, right? Trust me, it’s awesome. 

Convenience

I live in Roncalli, the closest residential hall to Middle Campus and directly across the street from Mac. It takes me about two minutes to walk to Stokes and about seven minutes to walk to O’Neill. If you have an hour or two between your class, you can always go back to your room since it is so close to campus, and if you accidentally leave something in your dorm, you can always go back to your room and get it.

Late Night at Mac

Have you ever seen the lines at lower around 1 a.m.? The lines can be around a twenty-minute wait. While Late Night in Mac may have a line as well, at most you are waiting in line for five minutes, and usually you don’t even have to wait in a line.

Weekends

Do you ever have those weekends where you just don’t want to go out and want to go to sleep? On CoRo, the weekends are much more peaceful than on Lower. While Walsh may be blasting music and bright lights are seen flashing through the windows, you can get as much sleep as you want on CoRo. If you do choose to go out, it is nice to come back to a clean building where the ceiling tiles are not punched out.

To the current freshman who will be living on CoRo next year, cherish it. It is going to be your home for the year. While you may have not gotten your 8-man, 4-man, 6-man, or 9-man, on CoRo you will still be with your friends through thick and thin.

Source:

http://www.bc.edu/offices/reslife/lifeinhalls/residencehalls/prices.html

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!        
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.