How to Spice up your Weekend Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Chances are come Friday or Saturday night you can pretty much guess what you and your friends are going to be doing.  Whether you’re hitting up the mods, MAs or a party off campus, you basically know where you’re going to be.

While there’s nothing wrong with having a routine, after awhile you’re bound to get bored.  So, when the weekend rut happens what do you do?  Do you just stay in and watch movies with your roommates?  Maybe.  But, if staying in doesn’t sound like something you want to do here are some ideas to spice up your weekend.

1. Go into Boston

Whether it’s to go shopping or to try out a new club, going into Boston is a surefire way to be exposed to something new.  Even if you just go to the North End to try every bakery to see which one is actually the best, you’re bound to have a good time.

2. Go to the movies

Remember how it was the “thing to do” in middle school?  Well, it still can be the thing to do when you’re looking for something to do but not wanting to have to get all dressed up and go out.  Besides, award season is just around the corner, so great movies will be coming out.

3.  Go rock climbing

Most indoor rock-climbing places are open late, so if you go around five or six with a group of friends you’ll be back in time to still go out if you want to or go out to dinner afterwards in the city.  Regardless of whether you’re good or not, you’ll be having a great time with your friends.  And hey, who doesn’t love getting a workout without realizing it?!

4. Go play laser tag

Lazer Quest is open until 2am, so what better way then to get a huge group of friends together to have some fun.  Growing up, hide-n-seek was probably one of my favorite games, but when it involved lasers, it became the best game in the world.

5. Learn something new

Whether it’s salsa dancing or ice skating, trying something you’ve never done before will not only be a ton of fun to do with your friends, but it will also make you feel awesome about yourself.

6. Go to karaoke

While this is going to take some bravery, nothing will be more hilarious than when you and your group of friends take the stage to belt out your favorite rendition of some 90s one hit wonder.  Once you get over your stage fright, the memories will be countless.

Photo Sources:

http://www.missfitnesslife.com…

http://www.djentertainment.com

Lauren Ruvo is a sophomore at Boston College who is double majoring is Human Development and Communications. Lauren is originally from Las Vegas and doesn't think she will ever get used to the winters in Boston. Lauren writes for The Heights as well as the Boston College branch of Her Campus. In her free time, Lauren loves shopping, traveling, spending time with friends and family, spin class, and cooking. She is very excited about joining the Her Campus team!
Meghan Keefe is a senior associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus Media. While she was a student at Boston College, she was on the HC BC team and led as a Campus Correspondent for two semesters. After graduating and working for three years in public relations, she decided it was time to rejoin the Her Campus team. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring Boston and traveling - anything that gets her outside.