How to Achieve the Gilded Eye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The newest spring eye makeup trend of 2014 is the gilded lid: a gold-plated, shimmery lid that is perfect for a night out. It all originated at Fashion Week 2014 where Lancôme makeup artists smudged black and gold metallic pigment about the models’ lids. Below is a step-by-step guide to achieve the gilded eye.

1) Gather your products: a palette of neutral colors (I used Love & Beauty by Forever 21), gold sparkles (either loose or gel), black and cream-colored shadows, mascara, eyeliner, and a pair of false lashes.

2) Start by applying primer and eyeliner.

3) Dust your lids with cream-colored shadow.

4) Shape your eyes with black-colored shadow. Focus the shadow in the far corners and along the crease.

5) Apply the glitter between your black-shadow lining.

6) Apply your false lashes using a light coating of lash glue on the rim of the false lashes. Press down the false lashes as close as you can to your actual lash line.

Pair this luminous lid with neutral colors and edgy pieces. The gilded lid is a perfect statement for a night out. Get ahead on this trend: gild your lid. Sparkle and shine, girls!

Article Source:

http://www.glamour.com/beauty/2013/09/spring-makeup-trends-from-fashion-week-spring-2014#slide=6

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum