HC BC’s Second Date Auction Raises $800 for White Ribbon Campaign and CEO 4 Teens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With Chris Osnato and Kudzai Taziva (UGBC’s future President and Vice President) emceeing HC BC’s second date auction, the night was off to a great start.  A total of fourteen Campus Cuties were auctioned off, and their friends could not have been more supportive and enthusiastic as Osnato and Taziva asked them some funny (and some embarrassing) questions.  Every Cutie was so candid and funny, it was no wonder that so many people bought raffle tickets, helping us raise $800 for White Ribbon Campaign and CEO 4 Teens

Taziva asked auctionee Chris Venti about his most embarrasing moment.

The amazing Acoustics performed after the auctionees were interviewed, wowing all of us with three soulful songs.  Although the Bruins game was on, all eyes and ears were on the group.

We sold tickets both online and at the door, and had a bigger turnout than our last date auction.   We sold out, reaching capacity for Roggie’s basement.  The room was filled with HC BC and auctionee supporters.

HC BC writers Caitlin Mann, Emilie Sintobin, Chloe Green-Vamos, and Emma Marr

Two lucky collegiettes walked away with a gift certificate to Dellaria Salon along with a Lululemon headband, two won a private training session with Plex trainers Mike Hanify and Julianne Wojno, and one received The Happiness Project.

Auctionees Michael Calo, Kristen, and Alex Seidler

We are so happy that our second date auction was just as successful as the first one, and cannot wait to start planning our fall fundraiser.  Thank you to everyone who came out to support HC BC, White Ribbon Campaign, and CEO 4 Teens!

Meghan Keefe is a senior associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus Media. While she was a student at Boston College, she was on the HC BC team and led as a Campus Correspondent for two semesters. After graduating and working for three years in public relations, she decided it was time to rejoin the Her Campus team. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring Boston and traveling - anything that gets her outside.