Habits at BC That Have Become the Norm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Do you ever find yourself doing something, and then one day you wonder why you always do that?  There must be a reason behind why you adopted that habit. Did you see someone else do it? (Who wants to apply some psych theories to this?)  After four years here at Boston College, I have realized that there are many things that I do just like many other BC students too.  Here are some of the things at BC that we have just accepted as the norm, but when you take a second to think about it you just wonder WHY?

• Why does everyone use the first two doors when going in and out of Mac when there are 8 doors?
  • Why has BC not found a solution to the extremely long line at the grill at Lower during dinner that always exists? And we always stand waiting in it no matter how much we complain.
  • Why people only ever use the same door someone is walking out of to walk into a building!! Stay to your right people!
  • Why won’t people step down off the bus to let others out and then get back on once it has cleared?
  • Why does the bus run on a weird, inconvenient schedule on the weekends when people need it to run errands, but it runs on a normal schedule when no one has anything to do?
  • Why do we all love the high tables at Lower so much?
  • Why does Addie’s organize its line in the worst way possible?
  • Why are the stairs in Gasson so steep?
  • Why do we hold the door for an awkward amount of time for the people behind us?
  • Why do we get so irrationally angry when people get off at the 2nd and 3rd Floor of Maloney Hall? Technically we all have a right to take the elevator to whatever floor we please, right?
  • Why do the BC laundry machines not get fixed to actually be accurate to how much time is left? We all have had the experience when the machine says 1 minute left but you are waiting for 10 minutes for your laundry to be finished.

Do you find yourself doing any of these? Are there any other things at BC you just don’t understand why? Her Campus BC would love to hear them!

Image Sources:

http://perfectpuppycare.com/top-ten-no-nos-for-a-new-puppy-owner/

Her Campus Image Library

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum