Guys, I See What You’re Trying to Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Every time the weekend comes around, it’s time to blow off some steam.  After a long week of work and studying, you deserve to have some fun.  You get ready to go out with your friends and are looking to have a good time, but there’s always that frustrating moment from time to time when you just want to tell people to go away.  Yes, you guessed it.  There’s that annoying guy that’s just trying a little bit too hard and is way too obvious.

Having someone continuously hit on you can be cute, but after a certain extent it can get pretty irritating.  The sly move of coming closer because the music is too loud and they can’t hear you.  The arm wrap around that happens just as someone else is walking by so that you “won’t get hit.”  It gets clearly more obvious once that person starts following you around the party even though they “don’t mean to” and just happen to casually bump into you everywhere.

What about the “Hey, don’t I know you?” even though you’ve never met them before.  They just awkwardly know who you are because you have mutual friends on facebook.  Or when they search everywhere to get you exactly what you asked for even though you just met this person. All of these moves are clear signs that they’re trying too hard.  Don’t they know that if nothing has happened within the first hour then clearly, you’re just not that into them? 

Meghan Keefe is a senior associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus Media. While she was a student at Boston College, she was on the HC BC team and led as a Campus Correspondent for two semesters. After graduating and working for three years in public relations, she decided it was time to rejoin the Her Campus team. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring Boston and traveling - anything that gets her outside.