Life > Experiences

Events Around Boston to Get You in the Christmas Spirit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Well everyone, we’ve made it! Christmas music, cold weather, a sudden craving for hot chocolate. . . we’re just a few weeks away from Christmas break, but unfortunately we have to get through finals first. Finals week is stressful and basically reduces us all to robots who sleep, eat, and study, so if you find yourself down with the holiday blues while you’re studying away in O’Neill, be sure to check out these great spots in Boston for a little pick-me-up:

Classic Harbor Line Boston

Take a break from all the craziness on shore and head out on the harbor for a Christmas party at sea! Live entertainment and great food will draw you in, and the view of the city from the water is unforgettable.

Rowes Wharf; November 15th-January 1st

Miracle Pop-Up Bar

Every holiday season this hotel’s bar in the basement converts into a Christmas wonderland! Complete with Christmas-themed cocktails and bartenders in ugly holiday sweaters, this is a can’t miss spot for a night on the town.

Kimpton Marlowe; November 23rd-December 24th

Blink!

Everyone in Boston knows this one: a lights show that goes on every night at Faneuil Hall. Between the blasting Christmas music, the blinking lights in time with Christmas classics, and the vendors selling waffles on a stick and hot cocoa, you’re sure to find that Christmas spirit that finals has been hiding from you if you take a night to check this out!

Faneuil Hall Marketplace; November 28th-January 1st

So there you have it! Boston is the best place to be during the Holiday season, so don’t forget there’s a whole city out there to help you get in the spirit when the stress of finals week at BC gets you down!

Anna is a Sophomore at Boston College studying Communications and Journalism. When she's not studying or having existential crises, you'll find her watching "Call Me By Your Name", drinking hot tea, looking at pictures of her pups (Gatsby and Z), or making hypothetical travel plans.