Delicious Fall Cocktails to Keep You Warm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Carmel apples, cinnamon toast, hot apple strudel, Turkish delights…  just a few of the decadent desserts we love to cuddle up with by the fire when the wicked cold strikes November.  However, this Thanksgiving, these aren’t treats we’re eating, they’re treats we’re drinking.

That’s right, now that we’re all going home to stocked kitchens filled with our favorite people and our favorite… alcohol… it’s time we get creative and concoct some festive drinks for Thanksgiving.  With a needed break from the Natty Lights and Rubinoff that consume the college-drinking scene, let’s indulge in some delicious fall drinks that are sure to impress your Thanksgiving guests. 

Bailey’s Carmel Apple
2 oz. Baileys Caramel Irish Cream (25 oz. per bottle)
0.5 oz. Smirnoff Green Apple Flavored Vodka (25 oz. per bottle)
1 dash(es) Goldschlager (25 oz. per bottle)

Cinnamon Toast
1.25 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced (25 oz. per bottle)
6 oz. hot apple cider
1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon sugar
1 slice(s) orange

Hot Apple Strudel
1.2 oz. Rumple Minze (25 oz. per bottle)
3 oz. hot apple cider

Turkish Delight Martini
0.5 oz. Stirrings Pomegranate Liqueur
1 oz. Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka (25 oz. per bottle)
0.25 oz. amaretto liqueur
1.5 oz. Grape Juice Red
0.25 oz. lemon

White Cloud
.75 oz. Romana Sambuca (25 oz. per bottle)
.5 oz. Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka (25 oz. per bottle)
1 oz. cream
3 oz. hot coffee

Sip slowly, enjoy the fire and the company of your friends and family, and drink responsibly, you 21+ collegiettes™! 

These recipes and many more can be found at www.thebar.com.  What are your favorite warm-weather drinks?

Wish you could’ve seen YOUR name in this article?  Join our listserv so our writers can occassionally contact you for quotes or interviews on upcoming articles!

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.