Common Thoughts of Job Searching Seniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

I, like many other seniors, have this overwhelming and anxious feeling within us that is not coming from finals. It is coming from the thoughts of what we will be doing and where we will be working after college. If any of you seniors are in the same boat as me (aka unemployed post-May 2014) then you probably have some of these same common thoughts about the job search.

Everyone, even strangers, ask what your job plan is after college

It is always a topic brought up at family dinners

For the past few months you just haven’t been feeling the whole job search thing

Your initial reaction when looking at job requirements and expectations is usually

There is always the option of doing a year of service. You are willing to be volunteer for anything to get your parents off your back.

Your first cover letter looks something along the lines of this

You finally got a good resume and cover letter sent in. Now you just wait for an interview…

You finally get an interview and although you have no idea what you will say…

When your interview goes well you just want to celebrate

And if it doesn’t go so well

Just remember, we went through four years of Boston College. We got this job hunting thing!

And one day we will get a job offer!

Oh happy days!

But that also means one other thing…Graduation

And we will be sent out as small fish into the big sea of the work world.

Good luck to all seniors on the job hunt!

Image Source:

http://media3.policymic.com/MDY3YzM1MWY2MCMvUlBMQ1VNeDlaUnFVRmxuVFc4Zi1I…

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum