BC Twitter Accounts You Should Be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

If you search “BC” in my list of Twitter accounts that I follow, you will be inundated by plenty of BC accounts.  Social media and BC have a close connection whether the topic is BC life, sports, advice, and even… makeouts.  Here are some BC Twitter accounts that you may or may not know about that definitely deserve a follow!

BC Life:

Boston College (@BostonCollege): With over 33,000 followers and plenty of amusing, interesting, and up-to-date information of everything happening on campus, Boston College’s Twitter is definitely an account you should stay connected with.  Once in a while, they retweet a wedding between two BC alums, and all is good in the world.  BC also recently was chosen as the most popular University on Instagram!  Another BC account to absolutely look into: #Gassongrams galore.

BC Streak (@BCStreak): Where would we be without BC Streak?!  Not only does its daily email blast help us keep up to date with BC as well as national and world news, but also its Twitter account is full of hilarious and relatable tweets about BC life.  Easily one of my favorite things about BC social media, BC Streak is a perfect way to stay connected to the community. Sign up for their daily email, too!

HerCampus BC (@HerCampusBC): If you’re reading this article, you might have found it from a tweet on our Twitter account that is refreshed daily with new articles from our site!  As well as articles, our Twitter page keeps you updated with events on campus, advice, and inspirational quotes for extra motivation.  Definitely follow us!

BC2Boston (@UGBC_BC2Boston): One of the coolest aspects of UGBC is their BC2Boston program that showcases off-campus events that are either free or subsidized. They have Bruins tickets, Broadway show tickets, fine arts events, concerts, and plenty of more things that are sold through the Robsham ticket office. Track them to stay up to date on upcoming events and when you can attend the next Red Sox playoff game!

Sports:

There are a ton of BC sports Twitter accounts!  @BCSportsNews, @BCInterruption, @BCFootballNews, @BCHockeyNews are just to name a few.  All definitely worth a follow if you’re a sports lover or if you want to keep up with the action at games!

The club teams also almost all have Twitter accounts which can keep you in the loop about tryout dates, game times, and their rosters.  To name a few: @BCWomensClubLacrosse, @BCWWP (Water Polo), @BCflixultimate, @BC_Mens_Lax, and plenty of others worth checking out!

For Fun:

BC Makeouts (@BCMakeouts): I really do not think there’s been a Twitter account that has taken BC by storm quite like BC Makeouts. Their bio line on Twitter that reads, “You may not remember, but we caught you” pretty much sums it up.  After a typical weekend, the account often tweets more than 10+ pictures from the weekend and chances are, you know exactly who is in the picture.  For a good laugh on your Sunday mornings, check out BC Makeouts.

BC Girl Problems (@BCGirlProblems): Whoever BC Girl Problems is, she literally describes my life with every tweet.  The tweets are sarcastic, entertaining, and absolutely define the “girl problems” shared mutually on campus.  Sample tweet: “When the drinks at MA’s aren’t $2.50 anymore, I’m going to have to sell my kidney to fund for my vodka cranberry addiction.”  Does this even need further explanation?

BC Bananas (@BCBananas): No, I am not making this up.  There really is a Twitter account dedicated to people eating bananas at BC, and it is awesome.  People can send in pictures of their friends, eating a banana of course, and they are uploaded along with very funny captions.  Super funny, random, and proving a point: BC students really do love eating bananas.

BC Twerks (@TwerksBC): Oh yes, this is a thing.  A very recently made account (it only has about 20 twerking pictures so far), BC Twerks is great for pictures of students trying to channel their inner Miley Cyrus.  The captions are hilarious and the pictures are as well as students attempt to twerk against common room walls, doors to their double on Newton, and even against electrical wire.  (Honestly, you just have to look it up).  An up-and-coming Twitter account, @TwerksBC is one to keep an eye on and start following now!

The BC Bromo (@TheBCBromo): Another new account to the BC twitter landscape, The BC Bromo is funny, bold, and is able to characterize the thoughts of many BC male students.  I have to show the Bromo love for tweeting, “Can somebody start HisCampusBC because I love @HerCampusBC but I can’t exactly appreciate a blog on yoga pants. Though I did love the piece.”  We appreciate the support and would love to have you come write a “HisCampus” piece for us, get in touch with us, BC Bromo!

Photo Source:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/…

Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum