Alternative Spring Break Trips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s that time of year again; freak snowstorms, chilling temperatures and the constant need for warmth is making everyone antsy for the legendary college tradition… Spring break! Spring break week consists of many stereotypical images of drinking and partying all day and all night. Now don’t get me wrong, that is definitely a part of it, but if you are looking for a break that gives you something a little different here are some of my suggestions!

If you are of legal drinking age here in the U.S. maybe you could consider taking a road trip with three of your closest friends. This would be great way to see the U.S. You can still go somewhere warm like California or Florida, but you’d also get to really appreciate the beauty that the U.S. has to offer! On the way, you can drop into some small town bars and dives. This way you still get to have the partying and drinking, but you get to do it in a different way. You can pack your car with snacks and games and make it a trip you’ll never forget. I would suggest making a blog page of some sort. This way you can share your experience with friends and family!

If you’re not 21, there are still plenty of fun things available for you to do. Try taking an adventure trip. There are plenty of sights that offer whole packages that include trips that you and your friends can take. Places like REI offer a lot of fun trips that are “off the beaten path” and would give you some great stories!

If you are looking for more snow, choosing a skiing or snowboarding trip is the way to go. You could use this time to perfect you goggles tan and carve up the mountains. During this time, ski season is coming to an end so you will most likely be able to find great deals and really have the mountain all to yourself and your group of friends.

My final suggestion would be to get on all the sites that offer you great travel deals and then just pick one. Any trip that is a little different could be just what you need. Groupon, Living Social, and Travelzoo are all great resources to get a really different yet inexpensive trip.  There are always sites like Kayak that can help you plan your trip.

Whether you are going to stick with a place like Cancun and soak up the sun or are looking for something a little different, my main piece of advice is to be safe and have an amazing spring break!

Photo Sources:

http://roadtrips.yakima.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Map-It-Out.jpg

http://jentenace.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/jen-and-adele.jpg

http://annedahlgren.com/photos/yllas01.jpg

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum