9 Instagram Accounts Dedicated to Positive Body Image

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Love Your Body Week is this week on campus so here are nine Instagram accounts you need to follow right now! These young ladies inspire us all to focus on the healthy, not the skinny, teach us to redefine what beauty means, and encourage us to be ourselves. How can we not love them?

1. @shawnjohnson

The Olympic Gold Medalist gymnast isn’t afraid to post sweaty selfies, adorable pics with her fiancé, or her newest sports bra or tennis shoe purchase. You’ll see the events she attends, the workouts she does, and even her golden retriever once in a while. She is super fun and is all about being strong and fit, not super skinny.

2. @thebodydepartment

This page is all about wellness for young women, inspired by Shawn Johnson herself. They post weekly challenges, positive quotes, healthy and easy recipes, and video tutorials. It encourages us to be the best we can be each day, and not worry about what others think.

3. @livylovestorun

This mom-of-three’s inspirational weight loss journey is incredible. She has always focused on being healthy, not fitting into a size 0. She posts meals, workouts, and of course pictures of her little ones. Even in her crazy busy life she finds time to workout and offers tips for those on a tight schedule.

4. @blogilates

Creator of “POP Piilates,” Cassey Ho designs workouts that combine pilates, yoga, and cardio to tone all over. She wants all women to feel confident wherever they are in their fitness journey, and posted a powerful body image video to show that our biggest enemy is ourselves. Check out the link at the bottom of the article.

5. @karenakatrina

Founders of “ToneItUp,” these energetic Cali girls will motivate you to run three miles followed by a superset strength workout. They post workouts you won’t dread and positive captions that keep you focused. They’re the perfect example of what can happen when you grab a buddy and work together!

6. @healthyisthenewskinny

The name says it all. It is an account dedicated solely to creating a healthy image for women to look up to, instead of the seemingly unattainable beauty standards we are so often subjected to.

7. @proud2bmeus

Filled with self-esteem boosting quotes, this account is trying to change the way we, as women, view food, weight, and body image.

8. @massy.arias

She battled severe depression and is now a health coach; you’ll be able to tell instantly she loves what she does. She posts grocery shopping tips, workout videos, and wants women to feel comfortable lifting weights instead of sticking to the same old cardio routine.

9. @Chelsey Korus

She posts photos and videos of her yoga sessions, encourages meditation, and emphasizes the importance of de-stressing and taking time for ourselves. Her pictures are always accompanied with gorgeous scenery!

Don’t forget to check out the video about loving your body here; it speaks volumes! Let’s use this week to inspire positive body image here at BC!

Sources:

http://rachelgilmore.org/fall-in-love-with-your-body-bank-account/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsL7W-GHhJA

Diana is a freshman at BC this year majoring in biology on a pre-med track. In her limited free time she enjoys running the res, finding the best fro-yo places around, and spending time with the awesome people she's met!
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.