7 Reasons To Be Excited For One Direction’s New Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.
I never would have expected that of all things, I would become a One Direction fan at BC. Although the boy band gets a bad rep, they are starting to redefine their image. One Direction’s new album comes out November 17, and based off of the six early-released songs, leaked tracks, and all other things 1D, here is why you should be excited about their album “Four.” 

1. They are moving away from pop and starting to sound more alternative. When I first heard the song “Ready to Run” I got a feeling similar to Mumford and Sons or The Script, not Backstreet Boys. 

2. Their “Steal Your Girl” music video is kind of hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious. We are excited to see more. Watch it here.

3. Ed Sheeran wrote the song “Eighteen.” Ok, so if you don’t like One Direction, at least give this song a try because Ed wrote it. And they’re friends, so if he likes 1D, shouldn’t you?

4. Clearly, they know how to make fun of themselves. This band doesn’t take themselves too seriously, and we appreciate that. Nothing worse than a boy band full of divas.

5. Harry Styles. 

6. But really though, look at him.

7. Oh, and the rest of them too.

So if this article doesn’t do the trick – go watch their movie. You will be an instant fan. Get your roommates ready, because once you’re a fan, this album will be on repeat the minute it comes out. 

Photo sources: 

giphy.com

Freshman at Boston College!
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.