7 Maloney Elevator Rules

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With cold weather quickly approaching and a mass avoidance of the Million Dollar Stairs coming into effect, here are seven kindness tips to ensure Maloney elevator success.

1. If you just walked up to the lobby area outside of the elevators, don’t be that person who aggressively pushes his/her way to the front of the mob. Just wait your turn like everyone else.

2. When you walk into the elevator, make room for other people to fit. Even those six inches between you and the wall can make a huge difference.

3. Be aware of the conversations you’re having with your friends. No one cares how many beers you shot-gunned over the weekend.

4. Be aware of the music volume of your headphones. When everyone else can hear that you’re listening to “Material Girl,” your music is too loud. Protect your ears.

5.  No more than twelve people in an elevator at one time—this is a number I have consistently found to be true. If you have some athletes in there or people with big backpacks, it’s a max of nine people. Let’s work together to stop making the elevators a sardine can.

6.  Don’t stare at your phone during the Maloney elevator journey. Texting or tweeting tends to make you clueless of what’s going on around you, so you could walk into a wall or get in the way of people rushing to class. Plus, we all know you don’t have service in the elevator, but good try.

7. Finally, don’t make a mad dash out—otherwise it becomes an even worse mess. Let people who are in front of you get out first, and if you are in the way move out efficiently. If you follow these tips, you’re sure to conquer the elevator in no time.

Sources:

www.arnoldsofficefurniture.com

www.sapphirical.wordpress.com

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum