This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We’ve all heard about the importance of “beauty sleep.”  Sure, waking up every morning looking well rested and naturally refreshed is every girl’s dream (no pun intended), but in college, getting enough sleep can be tough.  Luckily, there are a few quick and easy beauty tricks to add to your bedtime ritual to help make it LOOK like you had a full eight hours of sleep – even if you’re already on your third cup of coffee for the morning.

1. Wash your face with a deep cleanser!

Okay, I really hope I don’t have to elaborate TOO much on this “trick” – it should already be included in everyone’s bedtime ritual! I know that scrubbing your face is the last thing you want to do when you get back to your dorm at three in the morning, but this is the one step you absolutely NEVER want skip, no matter how exhausted you are.  It will prevent breakouts by removing toxins from your pores that build up during the day (toxins from wearing makeup and unintentionally touching your face with your hands).  Also, your skin mostly repairs itself at night while you sleep. If you leave your makeup on throughout the night, it’ll hinder the reparation process, making your skin appear dull, dry, and even aged!

2. Discover the wonders of Vaseline

I have to thank my mom for introducing me to Vaseline at a young age. Ever since then, it has been my go-to EVERYTHING fixer. It is the best remedy for chapped lips and just a little dab of Vaseline on your eyelids combined with the swipe of a tissue can take the most heavy-duty, waterproof eye shadow, mascara, and eyeliner off in seconds. For those plagued with severely dry skin, especially in the winter (like me), rub a light coat of Vaseline over the dry patches of skin before you go to bed and you should be completely moisturized by morning. And finally, for any girl who wishes their eyelashes were longer or that their eyebrows grew in just a teensy bit fuller, coat your eyelashes and eyebrows with Vaseline after you take off all your makeup before bed. The Vaseline acts as a conditioner to repair the hair from the drying mascara and eyebrow filler formulas, allowing your eyelashes and eyebrows to grow longer and stronger.

3. Apply anti-aging cream

I know what you may be thinking – “We’re in college, we’re too young for anti-aging creams!” Even if you don’t see the slightest trace of a frown line or worry wrinkle on your face, you have to remember that your spring breaks and summers spent tanning on the beach, the countless nights of eating Late Night and junk food, and the inevitable all-nighters during midterms and finals haven’t caught up to us yet. By using an anti-wrinkle cream containing retinol every night before bed, we can help our skin maintain its youthful glow and complexion for years and years to come. Age is just a number, right?

4. Exfoliate your lips

You can do this right after you brush your teeth at night! Just lightly brush your lips with your toothbrush – it will remove dead skin and reduce chapping. Plus, it will make your lipstick go on smoother the next day.

5. Pick out your outfit (or at least have an idea of what you’re wearing)

Ok, so this may not exactly be a BEAUTY trick, but by already having your outfit picked or planned out for the next day, you can catch an extra twenty minutes of beauty sleep in the morning! Need some quick inspiration for an outfit? Check out dailydressme.com – it takes into account the weather for the next day and puts together an outfit you can wear! And always check the HC BC Style Blog for fashion inspiration found on campus!

Photo Sources:

http://www.stuffatschool.com.m…

http://scene.sg/beauty/best-wa…

http://www.city-connect.org/li…

Boston College Class of 2016Communications and Political ScienceInterests include Legal Matter Management,  Matter Management
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."