Amazing Dessert Places in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Hope you all had an amazing October break! I went down to NYC for the fall break and discovered numbers of great dessert places there! If you are planning to go to New York City for a holiday, here’s my suggestions of great dessert spots in NYC:

1. Magnolia Bakery

Photo Credit

If you are a cupcake person (especially if you like red velvet cupcake), you MUST check out Magnolia Bakery. If you want to feel like Carrie and Miranda in the Sex and the City, your first dessert destination in the city should be Magnolia Bakery. (As you all will notice that Magnolia Bakery was on the numerous TV shows and movies such as Sex and the City, The Devil Wears Prada, etc.) Oh! Don’t forget to try Magnolia Bakery’s Banana Puddings — The best banana pudding I’ve ever had. There are few Magnolia Bakeries in the city so you might be able to find them easily!

2. Lady M Boutique

Photo Credit

Lady M Boutique makes the Best Crêpe cake in the city. My personal favorite is Lady M’s signature Lady M Mille Crêpes. Also if you are matcha/green tea lover, you will love Lady M Green Tea Mille Crêpes. Check Lady M Boutique out!

3. Cafe Lalo 

Photo Credit

If you want to enjoy some romantic vibe with live music, I suggest you visit Cafe Lalo. Brunch, Dessert, Cocktail, Wine and Cheese… They have EVERYTHING! I didn’t have a chance to try a cocktail, wine, and cheese, but their dessert made my day. Even though it was weirdly hot and humid autumn day, I had the most amazing Hot chocolate in my life at Cafe Lalo. “THE MOST AMAZING HOT CHOCOLATE IN MY LIFE!”  For your information, Cafe Lalo was in the movie ‘You’ve got mail’) Also little tips for guys: Every girl loves a romantic place with excellent live music. Even if you are not Tom Hanks, you can please your love at Cafe Lalo.   

4. Max Brenner

Photo Credit

Photo Credit

CHOCOLATE HEAVEN. If you are a chocolate lover, I promise you will fall in love with Max Brenner as soon as you enter the place. Dark chocolate and banana Pizza, chocolate fondue, hot chai, and milkshakes will enlighten you. Not only desserts but also their food is absolutely amazing. Visit Max Brenner if you have a chance! 

5. Spot Dessert Cafe

Literally, the cutest dessert cafe I’ve ever been. I don’t know how to put in a word to describe this wonderful dessert place. No description needed — please try it out.  FYI, bottom left corner plant dessert is edible! 

Hope you try them out and have one of the sweetest days in your life!