Getting to the Goals: Meet Kaylin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

It didn’t take Kaylin Laws long to decide that she wanted to go to Ball State. The freshman medical technology major said she chose the university for its positive feel and for the academic opportunities she felt she could take advantage of.

“I love it here,” Laws said. “There’s always something going on, but I’m in a great environment that allows me to do what I need to do and when I need to do it. I know there’s always a resource available here to help me.”

Laws shined in her first semester at Ball State, earning over a 3.75 GPA and a spot on the dean’s list.

“It was a great feeling,” she said. “I knew that I could do it, so I just had to push myself as far as I could to keep achieving my goals.”

Laws said she’s aiming to stay on the dean’s list throughout college and pursue her dreams of getting accepted into her major field of study.

“If you’re trying to accomplish something, I would say that you need to put your whole heart into it and believe in yourself,” Laws said. “Anything is possible if you’re willing to try.”

Ball State Chapter of Her Campus
Casey Smith

Ball State