Four Easy Tips For Easier Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

1. Awaken your inner stylist – get your outfit ready the night before!

Although it may seem like a small detail, figuring out what to wear takes up a ton of your morning time. Why waste it? Check the weather app and prepare your outfit accordingly in the evening. Not only it will make your morning easier, but it is also a nice routine to have to help you fall asleep at night. You can play around with different jewelry or shoe options and even put on a small fashion show for your roommate or yourself. Have fun with it and wake up to a ready outfit!

2. Hydrate – it’s a beautiful trait!

Enrich your body with a glass of fresh water when you wake up. You are beautiful! A key treat to such beauty is to stay hydrated. A glass of water in the morning will help boost your metabolism, which will help you with digestion throughout the day. Drinking water in the morning can help you improve your skin complexion, flush out toxins, and even promote weight loss. Plus, the cold water will wake you up and help you feel refreshed throughout the day.  

3. Wake up for a bigger cause!

Waking up for a class might be a great incentive for some people. But if the calling of statistics, rhetoric or business law isn’t strong enough for you – find another reason to wake up. Create a small morning routine that will be on your mind the moment you open your eyes. I like watering the flowers and succulents in my room. If you like to start your morning with a sport, you can stretch or take a short jog around the campus. If you live at home, you can wake up to walk your dog or cook some breakfast. The key is in finding something other than classes or work as your reason to get out of bed.

4. Consistency = success!

Waking up at the same time every morning helps your body build an internal biological clock. I now wake up 2-3 minutes before my alarm goes off just because my body is used to waking up at the same time every day. How do you manage that? Here’s a small tip: when registering for classes, try to keep your morning lectures consistent throughout the week. If that doesn’t work for you, find a time to wake up and keep to it. On the days of late classes, you can do homework in the morning or go for a jog around the block. Keep it productive and keep it consistent.

???? Founder of Her Campus Babson. Lover of stories. Over drinker of coffee. College student interested in the intersection of business, tech, and creativity.