This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

Some days…I wake up with a smile on my face. I hop out of bed, do my shower routine, and play my favorite tunes as I dance myself down the stairs to the kitchen. I make breakfast and coffee for my roommate and me and leave it outside of her door.  I go in my closet and have fun picking out whatever fashion concoction I am feeling like that day. Maybe I put some makeup on, or maybe I didn’t finish the reading for that day. So I sit in my study nook and finish my homework before heading off to class. Some days, I just feel good. 

But, some days… I go to bed really early because I would rather get extra sleep than feel the way I am feeling. Some days, I wake up at 4am and can’t seem to fall back asleep. So I toss and turn until finally, I drift off to sleep… only for my alarm to ring 15 minutes later. I open my eyes groggily but can’t seem to find the energy to want to get out of bed. I just lay there, completely unmotivated and not feeling any better than the night before. I force myself to get up because I have to go to the bathroom. I dread picking out an outfit. I dread going to make breakfast, and for some reason, I can’t seem to stop crying. Some days, I just feel bad.

Some days, I get to make tik toks with my roommates, study with my classmates, and have game nights with my friends. I am constantly surrounded by people who never fail to make me laugh, smile, and feel the love. I am so lucky to have a support system that constantly cheers me on and encourages me to reach my goals. Some days I just feel loved.

But some days, I feel so overwhelmed that I do not want to be around anyone. I feel so lonely, but the last thing I want to do is be around people. I do not want to do anything except curl up in a ball and hug my squishmallows. Some days I just feel lonely.

Some days, I talk to twenty different people on my way across campus, and some days I blast my music loud enough to tune out all other noises. Some days I dread getting out of bed and can barely convince myself to go to class, and some days I work so hard on a presentation I can’t wait to dress up and give it to my class.

Some days are good, and some days are bad. But, I know I cannot have the good without the bad. I know that I need to simply allow myself to feel the feelings that I feel and keep moving forward.

A little background about who I am: I am an Augustana College graduate and currently pursuing my masters at the Missouri School of Journalism. My passions include writing, baking, and scrapbooking! If I'm not selling insurance or in class, you can find me in a hammock with reading, writing or meditating. About my goals: I believe that everyone has a voice and I would like to do what I can to help amplify those positive messages. One day, I hope to host my own TV show like Ellen or Oprah! As always, Stay Tuned & Happy Reading!
Olivia Tonietto

Augustana '21

Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Augustana College, studying Communication Sciences and Disorders. Olivia writes for Her Campus with the hope to add to this amazing culture in a unique way by spreading positivity and a different perspective on this beautiful world we live in!