Halloween Hub Concept 2019 Static Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Halloween Hub Concept 2019 Static Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Life > Experiences

Halloween Fun List: Social Distancing Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

October is arguably the best month of the year. It has lovely fall weather, pumpkin everything, and Halloween! Unfortunately, this year we cannot celebrate the holiday as normal. But there are still ways to get spooky and have fun, while not contributing to the global pandemic. Here is my list of suggestions for fun with friends that will still keep you all safe.

• Visit an Apple Orchard and pick apples! The sunshine and outdoors will cheer you up and you can spread out and avoid close contact with people. Afterwards, you can take the apples home and make cider or pies.
  • Have a Bonfire! This one could be trickier to maintain a distance but it’s another good outdoor activity for after the sun goes down and if you can’t stay close to the fire, your mask will keep your face warm.
  • Halloween Movie Netflix Party! This one is so easy and self-explanatory. Grab some of your cider and your comfiest pajamas and tell your friends to do the same! Netflix Party is a free Chrome extension that makes it so easy to watch movies in tandem with your friends.
  • Make a spooky playlist. Making playlists is an art form and here is your chance to practice! You can collaborate with your friends or each make your own playlists and share them with the others. Make it Halloween themed to fill your spooky little heart. 
  • Nature Hike: Spook not necessary! The fall weather is perfect for hiking and getting outdoors does all of us some good. Stay spread out on the trails and make sure to wear your masks when you encounter other hikers. 
  • Go to a Pumpkin Patch! Pumpkin patches are possibly my favorite fall activity. The best patches have so many fun activities like petting zoos and hayrides that keep everyone entertained. Another great outdoor adventure, and when you’re done at the patch you can go home and carve your pumpkins! 

Remember to always wear a mask and try to maintain the recommended 6 feet of separation. If you or someone you live with is high risk, stick to the virtual options or try taking yourself on a date! Stay safe out there!

Katie Oestmann

Augustana '20

I'm a current Junior at Augustana College studying International Business, English, and French.