Book of the Month: After by Anna Todd

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

After divulges into the simplistic life of Tessa. Tessa is about to begin her journey as a freshman with hopes of more than she could ever achieve back in her hometown. She is a naive individual with bright eyes and big dreams for her future. Her plan is all set, attend college until her boyfriend can join her, get an internship, and eventually move to Seattle for a career. Everything about her life appears to be perfect, until she meets the rebel, Hardin. He is a rude upperclassman who only sees an interest in claiming his next conquest from the weekly parties he attends. His tattoos and dark hair contrast her blond locks and clear skin in every way possible. He is quiet, impolite, and selfish. Hardin is not afraid to say anything that comes to his mind and take down everyone with him for his own amusement. They are fire and gasoline, adding the flames of tension . . . and interest. Hardin and Tessa desperately cling to the lives they had before meeting each other, but unknown situations bring them back together. Hardin has a lot of dark demons that threaten his past, and Tessa wishes to discover each one. Despite the multitude of demons Hardin has, Tessa has a few of her own that lurk beneath the surface. Tessa hopes for the best in finding more within the brooding man, but how long can her optimism last? Follow along the journey of Tessa with obstacles thrown in her every path, and the tall, dark stranger lurking at every turn she takes.

Jessica Manly

Augustana '21

I am passionate about making others happy, problem-solving, and leading others to success with strong communication skills, ambitiously taking the initiative, and am adaptable to new situations. I am currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in English and Communication Studies and Associate's Degrees in Multimedia Journalism and Mass Communication as well as Classical Studies. Life is not always easy, but our perseverance and vulnerability help guide us to success.
Augustana Contributor