Why I’m Excited For Christmas And You Should Be Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

As a preface, I’d just like to say that I am DEFINITELY one of those people that plays Christmas music the day after Halloween. It was a fun October, and Thanksgiving food is all right, but Santa’s coming to town, people!

This is for all of those who are ready for Christmas NOW, as well as the others that just need a little reminder of why it’s the best holiday of the year.

1. Decorations

Seeing my house filled with decorations and a shining, lit up Christmas tree gives me so much joy. My family always puts up Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving; we blast Christmas music as we do it, and if a little dance party ensues, then we let it happen.

2. Music

Christmas music is one of the best things about this holiday. I love listening to classics by Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby, as well as the entire Justin Bieber Christmas album. If one thing gets me fully into the Christmas spirit, it’s the music.

3. Movies

There are so many amazing Christmas movies out there. All I want is to cuddle up by a fire with some hot chocolate and watch Christmas Vacation or Elf, and if I’m feeling a little rom com, Love Actually is the best.

4. Desserts

I don’t know about you guys, but dessert is probably my favorite food category, and Christmas by far has the best desserts. There’s peppermint bark, there’s all kinds of pie, there’s definitely an abundance of cake, and we can just pretend fruit cake isn’t a thing. Also, don’t forget about all the seasonal drinks at Starbucks. Caramel Brulée lattes are BOMB.

5. Shopping For Gifts

I know shopping during Christmas is usually a nightmare and every store you go seems to be filled to the brim with people, but that’s not what I love about Christmas shopping. I love shopping for gifts for the people I care about. There’s nothing better than knowing exactly what to get for someone and watching their face light up as they open it up on Christmas day.

Sarrah Shew is a pre-graphic design major at Auburn University.