This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

We’re all still shaking from the epic game that took place on Saturday. None of us will ever forget the roar of the stadium from that insane touchdown in the end! So I thought I’d share a day in the life of an Auburn football fan–I know y’all can relate! And of course we can all relive the totally epic nature of the Auburn-Georgia game, in which we deservedly came out on top!

6:50: My alarm goes off. I don’t know why the hell I’m awake, but I can definitely still feel the effects of the night before. 

7:30: After hitting snooze a few times I finally get out of bed and stumble to the kitchen for a glass of water. 

7:31: I turn on the shower and hop in. Once the water hits my face and I finally sober up from last night I realize, IT’S GAMEDAY and we have to start early. 

8:15: My hair is done, my makeup is on, and I am dressed as if I were going to church. Saturday means football in the south, and football means waking up and looking nicer than I ever would in class. 

8:33: I arrive at tailgate and pop a bottle of champagne, I mean, is it ever too early for mimosas? 

9:45: The barbecue has arrived, so naturally I stuff my face with Mike & Ed’s.

10:22: I’m on my 3rd or 4th beer and it is definitely time for a funnel…but first I have to find it!

11:38: I look down at my phone and realize that I am drunk before noon, so I take a moment to realize that I won’t be able to day drink once I graduate. 

12:30: It’s time to head into the game. I leave tailgate with all my friends and we make our way through campus to Jordan-Hare.

1:30: I realize that I have been sitting in the stadium for an hour and the game still doesn’t start for another hour. I should have done another funnel… 

2:00: Finally the exciting things start happening. 

2:29: The eagle has flown, the pump up videos have played, and the band and team have entered the field. We are ready for some Auburn football. 

2:30: KICK OFF 

3:30: Well, it’s the second quarter and I’m hungry, we are winning so why not get a hot dog? 

3:47: Crap. Georgia Scored while I was gone.

4:25: It’s Halftime. We are up 27-10. We got this. 

5:00: Alright this is the home stretch, lets go Auburn! 

5:38: We are still winning 37-17 with 12:39 left in the 4th. Easy Peasy 

6:07: My heart has sank. After what seems like hours the refs called the Georgia touchdown fair. 

6:07: At this point all of the drunkness has left my body and I am running on pure adrenaline. 

6:25: 4th and 18. This is our last shot Auburn. We will bring this back. 

6:26: Nick Marshall throws the ball, the pass is almost intercepted but instead it is tipped up, and then IT’S CAUGHT BY RICARDO LEWIS FOR THE TOUCHDOWN!! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!!! 

6:28: I have never screamed so loud in my life. My current emotions are: jfsdakfheijwfkdshgfd!!!!! I am so scared, yet so happy at the same time. I am jumping up and down with all of my peers and violently shaking my shaker. 

6:34: Auburn runs down the clock and AUBURN WINS!! I look around and have never been more proud to be an Auburn Tiger. 

7:00: I have made it to SkyBar and the rest of the night is filled with War Eagle’s, hugs, and good friends. It’s great to be an Auburn Tiger!! 

Do you have any standing gameday traditions? Let us know in the comments below!

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.