Danielle Walton and the Other Successful Ladies of LSCS!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

The Ladies Society of Collegiate Success is a great organization for young women looking to get involved not only on campus, but also in the community. LSCS president and Hampton, Virginia native, Danielle Walton, tells HC about some of the great service opportunities offered through the organization as well as how to get involved!

HC Auburn: What is your major/minor (if applicable)?
Danielle: Major Exercise Science with a minor in Psychology

HC Auburn: What is the purpose of the Ladies Society of Collegiate Success?
Danielle: Our purpose is to cultivate the minds of young women on campus by participating in service activities and other events that promote the positive image of women on Auburn University’s campus

HC Auburn: Are there any upcoming events being held by the LSCS this semester?
Danielle: Our first meeting was September 10th in Haley 2226; since we are mainly a service organization we have mostly service events on our calendar. For our first service event we went to Monarch Estates on Tuesday (September 11th) at 3pm playing bingo with the seniors. We will be doing this biweekly. We are also planning on working with Humane Society throughout the semester, we are adopting a park in the Auburn/Opelika area, and we will be having donation days for The Women’s Hope Medical Clinic

HC Auburn: I know the LSCS is very involved with community service. Is there a particular organization that you enjoy the most?
Danielle: I enjoy working with Monarch Estates, because the seniors really love seeing the students come out to play bingo with them and it is also very fun for us. They are so competitive so its really entertaining watching them play.

HC Auburn: How can students become members of LSCS? Is there an application process?
Danielle: Every student that would like to be a part of the Ladies Society of Collegiate Success must go through the induction steps. After going through the constitution and paying fees, if you are a qualifying candidate you will have to participate in an induction ceremony, where you will get pinned.

HC Auburn: What do you find to be most rewarding about being a member of this society?
Danielle: I am really interested in service and community work so being a part of this organization really helped me channel my interest and allow me to work on things that matter to me. The most rewarding part about being the president of this organization is, I am learning how to be a strong leader while doing something I love. I don’t think it gets any better than that!

For more information visit the Auburn organizations website or follow LSCS on twitter

The Ladies Society of Collegiate Success, Harold A. Franklin Society, and the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. at Money Talks (financial forum)

The Executive Board at Money Talks – Danielle Walton, Jillian Davis, Alexis Sankey, Mikayla Stewart, and Terranique Harris

Members of LSCS (Danielle Walton, Jessica Nunez, Alexis Sankey) helping during Move In Mania

I'm a Sophomore at Auburn University majoring in Apparel Merchandising
Summer is a currently a senior student at Auburn University. As a journalism major she actively enjoys writing and is the co-founder and current Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus branch at Auburn, as well as a writer for the Greek newspaper The Odyssey. In addition, Summer is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta, PRSSA and the Society of Professional Journalists. Summer loves fashion and enjoys blogging about her personal style.