Chelsea Charles: Count Me Healthy Bracelets Make Waves in Fashion and Health

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

This week I had the pleasure of talking to Chelsea Charles, the founder and designer of Chelsea Charles Jewelry. Chelsea Charles Jewelry is an innovative company that combines every collegiette’s love for jewelry with the desire that even the busiest of women have to stay healthy.

Charles began her career in the marketing field, and sometimes made jewelry on the side as a hobby. During the first few years of her marketing career, she read an interesting article that would soon have an impact on her future career choices. Charles had been living a healthy lifestyle since her senior year in high school in hopes of avoiding the “freshman 15 trap,” and found it interesting that the author of this article thought writing in a journal was the best way to maintain that lifestyle. 

After thinking things through, and taking the article she read into consideration, Charles became interested in using jewelry as a way to create “a beautiful journal for a woman’s wrist.” Although she had a strong idea, she continued working in marketing and learned some tricks of the trade before taking a leap of faith. The experience Charles gained in the marketing field throughout the years taught her “the different elements of business,” and is possibly the reason her entrepreneurial venture became so successful.

Today, Chelsea Charles Jewelry makes beautiful beaded bracelets called “Count Me Healthy” that can be seen on celebrities like Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Giuliana Rancic, and Cameron Diaz to name a few. However, Charles’ success was not immediate. She and her team went through more than 40 prototypes throughout eight years before they were able to choose the perfect design. 

They did eventually land on a fantastic design, though, and have even expanded the options available to customers to include different colors, materials, and design elements. The beads on each bracelet can easily be moved along the bracelet’s band as a way for women to easily count glasses of water, servings of vegetables, days of exercise, and other health goals they are aiming for during any given day or week. All variations of the bracelet are so adorable and easy to use! The carefully chosen design keeps the beads in-place once you move them and are a beautiful accessory to an outfit, casual or formal. 

Charles describes them as being, “not a magic bullet, but a way to be mindful,” which, as we all know, mindfulness is essential to living a healthy life. Charles, who takes different aspects of health seriously, chooses to stack three styles of the bracelet on her wrist as a way to count three different health goals each day. Since the bracelets are so fashionable, stacking them like bangles looks cute and is very functional. 

Interested in making a Count Me Healthy purchase, or just learning more about Charles’ company? Check out her website here

Kerry is a recent graduate of Auburn University where she served as President and Co-Campus Correspondent for Auburn's Her Campus branch. She earned a degree in communication from Auburn's School of Communication and Journalism. Kerry recently operated the blog for Ellie Clothing, and has experience as a representative for Cosmopolitan magazine. A Massachusetts native, Kerry is a former Miss Teen Massachusetts United States and has worked as an intern in the national Her Campus office. In her (limited) spare time, Kerry enjoys exploring new places, discovering new music and obsessing over her latest Netflix show. You can reach her by e-mail at kerryanncoppinger@gmail.com. If you are interested in joining Her Campus Auburn, please reach out to the new CC's by emailing auburn@hercampus.com.