Campus Cutie: Jon Morris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Major? I am a Political Science major with a focus in pre –law.

Age?  I am 24 years old.

Relationship Status?  Single

How would you describe yourself?  I would like to think of myself as somebody who isn’t afraid to be myself in any situation.  I am also someone who would stop at nothing to accomplish my goals but I still love to laugh all the time, I have been accused of smiling too much. 

What is your ideal woman?  This is going to sound weird but I think my mother is an example of what the “ideal” woman is; someone who loves God, is kind-hearted, supportive of the people she loves and friendly to everyone she meets.

Favorite place? 1st haha.  But as far as concrete locations I’d have to say my favorite place is the gym, for me it’s the one place where I can leave the cares of the world behind me and just focus on the task at hand.

Celebrity Crush?  Scarlett Johansson, no contest!

What is one thing that people don’t know about you?  I was a troublemaker when I was younger.

How would you describe the most important day of your life so far?  The most important day of my life is the day I got shot and paralyzed 3 and a half years ago.  I was in the fast lane headed in the wrong direction.  Thankfully I survived the shooting and even though I didn’t deserve it God blessed me with a second chance at life.

How do you want to be remembered? I want to be remembered as a loving person.  As a man who helped others whenever possible and who is worth remembering because he made a difference in peoples lives.

What’s your favorite Auburn Memory?  Being in the stadium when my friend Chris Davis ran the missed field goal back on Alabama to win the Iron Blow!

What other activities are you involved in?  I am a member of the Auburn Honors fraternity Phi Sigma Pi, Campus Crusade, the Auburn FCA, and I’m also an amateur wheelchair bodybuilder. 

What is your proudest accomplishment?  A few years ago I was a camp counselor at a sports camp for children with disabilities.  I quarterbacked for one team in a game of wheelchair football.  Playing with us was a 12 year old boy who, at the age of seven, got muscular dystrophy and now had to use a power wheelchair to get around.  It was his first time ever playing football and when he went out as a receiver I threw him his first touchdown pass!  The look of joy on his face melted my heart and I will never forget that!

What can a girl do to get your attention?  What gets my attention on campus is when a girl dresses up for class, (in whatever her style may be).  That shows me that she cares about her appearance and has the confidence to stand out from the crowd–plain baggy t-shirts all the time isn’t scoring any points with me.

Describe Auburn women of today?  Auburn is where I have met some of the nicest and authentic women in my life.

What was your reaction to Auburn’s recent National Championship loss?  For me winning that game would have just been the icing on the cake.  Auburn had an amazing season this year and just being the team that took Alabama’s place in that game was good enough for me!  

What are your post graduation plans? The next step for me is law school.  And with my law degree I plan to work on changing the American justice system to where we work at rehabilitating criminals instead of just throwing people in jail.