Campus Celebrity: Coach Gus Malzahn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Even after a devastating loss to the Florida State Seminoles in the National Championship game, the Auburn spirit has stayed alive as ever. The scoreboard showed a loss but in our hearts we knew we were still winners. This spirit has been kindled by the team, the fans, the tailgates, but mostly from our beloved Coach Gus. 

Gus is the AP Coach of the Year, Home Depot Coach of the Year, and every Auburn collegiette’s #mcm. It is fair to say that he easily claimed those titles because of his dedication, support, and hope for our team. We may not have won the championship, but Gus never let his head down saying that, “I’m very proud of my team… how far they’ve come since the first game to get here. Being on the brink of winning the whole thing I’m very proud of them.” Gus turned our losing 3-9 team into a National Championship-worthy team. He brought us the best turn around in college football history. 

We may not have won National Championship, but we have the best coach out there. Not to mention he’s just too darn cute. 

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.