Campus Celeb: Top 5 Miss Auburn Candidates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

We’re nearing the end of Homecoming Week here at Auburn, and one of the most exciting ways to participate is by voting for Miss Homecoming! We’ve been hearing about the Top 5 Candidates all week, and with the campaigning on the concourse it can be difficult to choose who to vote for. When choosing a candidate you must put aside bias and choose a candidate who supports a cause that you genuinely believe in. Here is the list of the Top 5 and their platforms to help you understand a little more about each candidate. 

And remember to vote on tomorrow, Friday, October 11! 

Heather Henley 

Ballot Position: 1

Major: Elementary Education 

Platform: Promoting the after-school programs in Lee County by explaining the importance of having student volunteers at these programs. 

Cody Nall

Ballot Position: 2 

Major: Special Education 

Platform: To promote on-campus resources that give students a practical and tangible support to help solve whatever problems they are battling, and de-stigmatize emotional health by showing the student body how common these issues are in Auburn. 

Molly Anne Dutton

Ballot Position: 3 

Major: Horticulture 

Platform: Promote education, prevention, and support for victims of sexual assault. Her mother was a victim of sexual assault and through the support of Lifetime Children’s services, an adoption and counseling agency, her mother was able to seek guidance. She hopes to bring women in these situations closer to hope and life. 

Jacie Coresel

Ballot Position: 4 

Major:Political Science 

Platform: After the tragic death of one of her sorority sisters due to a drunk driving accident, Jacie has made it her goal to promote Auburn students against drunk driving. 

Hannah Wilson 

Ballot Position: 5 

Major: English Language Arts Education 

Platform: To promote the Auburn organization Support our Soldiers. She plans to educate and provide opportunities of ways to show appreciation to our troops. 

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.