Campus Celeb: Lindsey Waldheim

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

This year we had the grand opening of the new Auburn Recration and Wellness Center. This is a great oupoutunity to get in shape and improve your health! Auburn offers a $25 dollar group fitness pass that gives you access to all of the Rec center’s group classes. Lindsey Waldheim a group fit instuctor here at Auburn, and I got the chance to talk to her a little about her job. 

Name: Lindsey Waldheim 

Grade: Senior 

Major: Nutrition 

What class do you teach at the new rec center? 

I teach Dance Jam

How long did you dance before you started teaching? 

I danced for 15 years 

When did you start teaching classes? 

This is only my second semester teaching classes

What is your favorite class to take? 

I really like core barre 

What’s your favorite part about the new rec center? 

I would have to say my favorite part is the rock climbing wall! It’s has tons of different walls you can climb ranging from easy to hard. In all, the whole facility is amazing. 

What is your daily workout routine? 

I usually run about four miles around four days a week with strength training. I also try and take 3 workout classes a week. 

What is your favorite form of exercise?

Running! 

What is some advice on staying healthy in college?

I think it is important to have a daily routine and stick to it. Try to at least get in 30 mins of exercise daily. We are in college so it’s hard not to eat late night pizza and junk food, but it’s all about portion control. It’s fine to have eat a little of your favorite sweets every now and then but try to stick to maybe one slice or one scoop of ice cream. Everyone needs a cheat day!

What do you plan on doing after college? 

I plan on doing an internship in nutrition/dietetics and getting my Master’s. I hope to continue teaching workout classes.

What inspired you to start teaching? 

I’ve always been really interested in health and I love working out so I decided to teach workout classes to help inspire people to love fitness and live a healthy lifestyle. This is only my second semester teaching classes

What is your favorite healthy snack?

My favorite healthy snack is an apple with a little peanut butter or some almonds

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.