This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Avicii’s new song Wake Me Up has to be one of my favorite jams right now. It is the perfect song to get ready to, or work out to! Dubstep and house music are a fairly new genre of music, but they sure are on the rise. With electronic-style music festivals like Ultra in Miami or Tomorrowland in Belgium the dance craze is taking over. This type of music is unique in that it is other songs mixed together in a creative ways. 

Kallan Arvidson, a freshman here at Auburn takes her love of dubstep to the next level. She makes it herself as DJ HighKalliber. It’s like a real life Pitch Perfect. Kallan mixes music on a Numark, and then uses the programs Traktor and Garage Band to put it all together. I have personally listened to some of her music and it is fantastic! She is the next Skrillex. I also got a chance to talk to her about her music! 

If you want to listen to Kallan’s music yourself, check out her sound cloud here: soundcloud.com/highkalliber

Where are you from? 

Atlanta, GA  

Major? 

Apparel Design

When did you start mixing music? 

I started about two years ago, making warm up mixes for my volleyball team. 

Where do you play? 

I mostly play at parties.

What do you hope to do with your music during college? 

I would like to keep playing parties, possibly some spots downtown, and get a solid fan base here in Auburn. 

What artists inspire you most? 

Tiesto, Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, Avicii, and Chris Lake.

If you could pick anyone to do a colab song with anyone, who would it be? 

Definitely Nicky Romero 

What is your favorite show that you have been to? 

Counterpoint Music Festival in Chattahoochee Hills, GA  was by far the best event I’ve ever attended.

What are your goals with music after college with DJing?

I plan to continue mixing for a while on the side of beginning a career in the fashion industry.

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.