This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

With only a few days left of classes until Spring Break, many collegiettes will be ditching the recent cold weather of the loveliest village on the Plains for sunshine and fun. Florida is always a popular destination for Auburn spring breakers as they travel to Panama City and Destin to spend some time on the beach. Who wouldn’t want to spend a week soaking up the sun right next to the waves?

But for those whose budgets are a little too tight for a beach trip, have no fear. You can enjoy the beach wherever you are…sort of. I always have a new playlist handy for Spring Break packed with beach tunes. A variety of songs make the cut every year. Some of them are relaxing and perfect for laying on the beach all day. My personal favorites are songs with an island vibe that make fun in the sun effortless. So sit back, relax and crank up these tunes whether you’re at the beach listening to the waves or at home pretending to listen to them.

Hey Now – Dave Barnes

From the second this song starts, you’ll be tapping your foot to the beat. Dave Barnes uses the seashore as his backdrop as he sings the story of his lovely lady. The constant bongo drum sections give the song a tropical vibe and make the song perfect for an island party. With the simple beat mixed with a variety of sounds like whistles and handclaps, the song will have you dancing on the beach in no time.

You’re a Fool – Cisco Adler featuring G. Love

I’ve listened to this song at least 100 times, and it never fails to make me feel like I’m in Hawaii. It makes sense since it’s included on Cisco Adler’s debut solo album entitled “Aloha.” The entire album exhibits Adler’s signature chill sound, but “You’re a Fool” introduces the album with a mellow sound ideal for relaxing outside on the beach.

Shake It Off – Secondhand Serenade

Secondhand Serenade hit it big in the summer of 2008 with his single “Fall for You.” While that song was more on the powerful and emotional side, “Shake It Off” takes on an island sound with the help of a ukulele. John Vesely, the mastermind behind Secondhand Serenade, keeps the verses simple and explodes at the chorus to remind you to shake off your worries and enjoy the sunshine wherever you are.

Shake It – Michael Franti & Franti featuring Lady Saw

Michael Franti is the king of feel-good music. His single “Say Hey (I Love You)” landed on VH1’s Top 20 Countdown and Billboard’s Hot 100 in 2009. “Shake It” came a year later and embodies a dance beat with Franti’s tropical music signature. The song is perfect for channeling your inner dance hall queen and shaking it on the beach all day and night.

Lay Me Down – The Dirty Heads featuring Rome of Sublime

“Lay Me Down” combines the sound of The Dirty Heads and Rome by alternating verses with rap elements and choruses with mellow sounds. This combination with the addition of bongo drums and rhythmic guitars make the song unique. The Dirty Heads and Rome impressively make the musical variety work to create a song worth playing through your headphones on your next beach trip.

Taylor loves The Beatles, River Phoenix movies and vinyl records. She can usually be found dancing at a concert or discussing how she was born in the wrong decade.