david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

An Auburn Collegiette’s Guide to Halloweekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Halloween in Auburn is one of the best weekends of the semester. The weather, the costumes, and the endless supply of parties! Halloween is always a weekend-long event, and this year is no different. With the holiday falling on a Friday and our Tigers on the road to Ole Miss, the celebrations are going to be crazier than usual. Here are a few things to remember and accomplish during Auburn Halloweekend!

Skybar Spooks

You think Skybar is crowded the night before a home football game? Prepare to be proved wrong! Every creature in Auburn crawls out of the woodwork for the festivities of Halloween at the most popular bar in town. $1000 is at stake for their annual costume contest along with spooky décor and lots of drink specials. Don’t forget to bring your friends for a night of fun!

Costumed Concoctions

One of the best parts of Halloweekend is the abundance of fraternity parties. Free alcohol, great music, and a less claustrophobic venue than the bars make for a hauntingly good night. But don’t forget that Halloween is a night of tricks. Some special holiday drinks at these parties are a little stronger than usual, so remember to drink responsibly!

Fall Festivities

Though the fall season has been in full swing for over a month now, the heat is starting to gradually fade and give way to brisk afternoons and chilly nights. Now is the perfect time to shop downtown with your friends, lounge on Samford Lawn, or explore Chewacla without sweating through your tshirt! And, with the game being in Oxford this weekend, the normal visitor traffic won’t be clogging up every road in town. Just because Halloween signals the end of October doesn’t mean it’s too late to go out and pick a pumpkin. The Farmer in the Dell Pumpkin Patch will be open on Friday from 3-6 pm, so take advantage of it while you still can!

Haunted History

There are several locations on the plains that are rumored to be haunted. The Old Train Depot, The University Chapel, and the Salem-Shotwell Covered Bridge are all famous haunts in town with legends attached. There are also several haunted locations surrounding the Auburn-Opelika area if you and your friends are daring enough for a road trip! Areas of the Tuskegee National Forest and the Camp Watts Confederate Graveyard are said to be host to departed spirits, and are only an unlucky 13 miles away in Notasulga. For more haunted sites, visit the website Haunted Places.

Scary Safe

The most important thing to remember about Auburn Halloweekend is to stay safe! It can be easy to forget your basic safety tips in the spirit of the holiday, but don’t let an avoidable mistake ruin a weekend of treats.

What are your plans this Halloweekend? Let us know in the comments below!

Rep ImageImage 1Image 2Image 3Image 4gif