jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

9 Things to Do to Get Over a Guy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Listen up collegiettes, we’ve all had broken hearts here and there, and each of us need a break from silly boys that come and go through our lives. We all have different ways of coping with heartbreaks. Ultimately, it all depends on YOU. But here are a several ways to get over that boy!

Let it out first…

We all have to let it out sometimes so might as well let it out. Cry it all out. It’s okay, because the earlier you let it out, the less you’ll need to later on.

Get some girls together and have a GNO

Girls are great, especially in time of need. When our best friend is having a crisis because her date stood her up, with just one phone call or one text message away, she knows her girls have her back. So grab all your girlfriends together, have a movie night and gossip (about that boy of course) – totally worth it. It will definitely distract you and get your mind off of him. If you don’t want to stay in and hang out then…

Go Party!

Now this will definitely get you out and about and forgetting about that boy. Have a drink or two, let loose, and have fun. Forget the past. Whatever happens, happens, right?

Listen to your Mother

Your mother knows you best and she will always be there for you. Go grab lunch with her and listen to her words of wisdom. Most likely, she’s been through the same thing too.

Work Out!

This might seem like a lot of work, but believe it or not, going for a run can be the simplest and relieving thing ever. It will most definitely make you feel good mentally and physically and it will get your mind off of all the drama.

Dress to Impress

Let’s build up that confidence because confidence is key and sexy. Dressing up is a great way to feel instantly pretty. Once you know you’re confident and everyone else around you sees it too, then who cares what that one boy thinks – he’s irrelevant.

Stay Busy

Keeping yourself busy will distract you and let you worry about yourself rather than worrying about everyone else, especially boys.

Learn to Be Independent and Happy on Your Own First

Before jumping into another relationship, think about how you can make yourself happy without relying on a boy. You have to be happy in order to be happy in a relationship.

Know that You Will Be Okay!

You will be okay. Time heals all wounds. Life moves on. The next will be better than the last. 

Rep Image