7 Reasons Why “Fuller House” is Everything We’ve Wanted and More

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

The long awaited Netflix series “Fuller House” finally arrived this past weekend, and after binge watching the first season, I couldn’t be more satisfied. As a ’90s baby, “Full House” was my favorite show, and Uncle Jesse, being the heart-throb that he is, was my first real crush. Actually, it seems like Uncle Jesse was every little girls’ first crush. With that being said, here are seven reasons why ‘Fuller House’ is everything us ’90s babies have been waiting for. 

1. “Fuller House” has the same plot as “Full House,” but the roles are reversed.

We all remember watching widowed Danny Tanner raise D.J., Stephanie and Michelle with a little help –okay more like a lot of help, from Uncle Jesse and Joey. Now that the roles are reversed, D.J. finds herself as a widowed, single mother raising her three boys. She gets by with a little help from her sister, Stephanie, and best friend, Kimmy Gibbler, of course.

2. The girls are all grown up.

Who would’ve thought that D.J. Tanner would already be a mom, Stephanie a famous singer, and Kimmy a successful party planner, who is also a mom and married to her soon-to-be-ex-husband and Latino model, Fernando. As for Michelle, well she isn’t present in “Fuller House,” and there was some shade thrown at the Olsen twins in the first episode. Like Danny Tanner said, “Michelle sends her love, but she’s busy in New York running her fashion empire.”

3. Uncle Jesse.

Have mercy…John Stamos is back and hotter than ever. Even without the mullet, Uncle Jesse is still the ultimate heart-throb and number one Elvis Presley fan alive.

4. Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky are the definition of relationship goals.

Since the two first met, it was love at first sight. Together, they have the most adorable little family, twin boys, Nicky and Alex. Jesse even wrote a song for Becky titled “Forever,” and sang it to her at their wedding. The two are still going strong, if not stronger than before. Could they be any more perfect?!

5. Nicky and Alex are in college.

Oh how time flies! The babies, Nicky and Alex, can no longer be called babies. Their bowl cuts are long gone, and now they’re grown, college men. But there are times that they still act like immature little boys. Did I mention that they’re extremely good looking?!

6. Steve is back.

D.J. and Steve…what a major TBT. They were the ultimate high school sweethearts, and the two may or may not rekindle an old flame.

7. It’s now socially acceptable to bring back the old catch phrases.

You can’t have “Fuller House” without Stephanie’s famous catch phrase, “How Rude!,” Uncle Jesse’s “Have Mercy,” and Joey’s goofy “Cut It Out.

Demetra Zuras is a Public Relations major at Auburn University with an interest in Journalism and Fashion Merchandising. Her future goals consist of moving to the big apple and working for Cosmopolitan. She's a chocoholic, shopping addict and football fanatic. WAR EAGLE!