This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Most college students seem to have the insanely popular app yik yak- a sort of social media application in which anyone can anonymously post about whatever’s on their minds. Because of the anonymous nature of this app, people tend to go a little crazy with their posts- a little too intimate of details, a little too drunk to be posting, and so on. However, the app seems to be circular. Depending on what day it is, the same type of yaks seem to get popular. Here’s the rundown of gameday yaks.

1.     The “Opponent Hate” Yak- These can range anywhere from a running joke we have about the other team (LSU fans smell like corndogs, Bama sucks at kicking field goals, and so on) to a sarcastic remark like the one below. The yaks that I personally have found the most hilarious are the ones along the lines of “Took an Advil and got a nursing degree from bama.” Clever, scathing, and straight to the point.

2.     The “Gameday Rundown” Yak- This one is probably from the people who spend all of their free time watching football- it details exactly who picked who to win each game, what crazy thing happened on the show (see below), and their individual score predictions. Helpful, but sometimes excessive and boring.

3.     The “We Were All There Too” Yak- This one shares the intimate details of the football game… that all 87,451 of us saw with our own two eyes. “Did anyone else see that catch? Amazing!” Yes. We all saw it. Calm down.

4.     The “I’m Too Drunk to Taste This Chicken” Yak- This normally comes post-game, when people decide to go out and have a ball because we beat our opponent to a pulp. They display the beautifully tragic experiences of the totally plastered college student. Yaks like “I’m going to feel this in the morning” abound all over, and there are way too many stories about throwing up that people do not need to share, even anonymously. 

5.     The “I’m Lonely and Watching Netflix, Someone Please Give Me a Semblance of Human Contact” Yak – These are a common sight around the world of yik yak. It’s the lonely freshman, the sad senior whose friends have already graduted, or the recently broken up with that constantly post about wanting a cuddle buddy, watching Netflix, and being lonely in  a fuitile attempt to make friends on an anonymous social media site. You do you, lonely people. You do you. 

6.     The “I’m Visiting but Auburn Rocks” Yak- This comes from the alumnus, the wandering high school student, or the opponent posing as someone who loves Auburn and thinks of us as courteous and wonderful and loves the campus. Or, it comes from someone who wants to increase their yakarma and masquerades as someone who loves Auburn. Either way, the Auburn love abounds, and you can feel it all around yik yak. 

Have any other greak yak ideas? Post them in the comments!

Rep Image

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Meghan is a senior at Auburn majoring in microbiology and minoring in journalism. She has been a contributing writer for Her Campus since her freshman year of college, and she absolutely loves it! Her life is made up of alternating periods of stress and relaxation, but full of joy. She loves octopi, Dr. Pepper and strong jawlines.