This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Advice is defined as guidance offered with regard to future action. That’s a pretty broad definition in my opinion. In reality, other people shouldn’t have an opinion on your future. Let’s be honest with each other, I’m not qualified to give you advice. I can’t tell you what to do about your boyfriend that I’ve never met, or how to stop procrastinating, or how to deal with anxiety. However, the one piece of life advice that I do feel qualified to give you is this:

YOUR LIFE IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU! 

Your life is going to be made up of your decisions, and yours alone. Your life belongs to you and no one else. That’s it. That’s the advice.

I’m not going to list out “10 things to change your morning routine,” just for you to scroll through them quickly and not implement them into your life. That one simple sentence is easy enough for anyone to implement into their life without actually realizing it. The moment I first heard that phrase, everything changed for me. 

I used to be a very shy person. I never spoke up, never gave my opinion. I honestly hated myself because I knew it wasn’t who I was supposed to be. At some point, I knew it had to stop. I started realizing that nothing was ever going to change unless I did something about it. I stopped listening to everyone else and finally took control of my own life. 

By making my own choices, I started to love myself. I chose who I dated, not my friends. I chose what to pursue, not my parents. I chose what to wear. I chose what my hair looked like. I chose the permanent ink on my body. My choices changed my life. So, I’ll say it again: YOUR LIFE IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU! Once you realize this, your life will change for the better. 

English Major at ASU. Here for the Plot Twists! Insta: @allyk.boustila