New Semester Equals New Adventures: Top 5 Things To Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Have you ever wanted to try new things but feel like you never know where to start? If yes, then you are not alone Collegiettes. Everyone in college experiences this because we either feel so overwhelmed with what the school has to offer or simply because we don’t know what to do. Now that it’s a brand new semester, it’s the perfect time to start trying new things! That is what here at Her Campus ASU, we are giving you a list of our top 5 things to do this semester to help you have a more fun and adventurous time here at ASU!

5. Whitewashing the “A”.

Every year during Welcome Week, ASU has a long standing tradition of whitewashing the “A” on “A” Mountain. More than hundreds of students participate in this long standing tradition because it signifies a brand new start to the school year.  So grab your friends and go up to “A” Mountain on Saturday, August 24th, to participate in this awesome event and be a part of ASU’s tradition!

4. Join a club.

It’s a brand new school year so why not join a club you’ve never heard of or aren’t familiar with. At ASU there are over hundreds of student organizations (and non-student organizations) that are out there! Have a friend that’s in an art club? Join it! Never tried of heard of the Dairdevils Skydive club? Check that out too! Hey, you might even like the Quidditch League or the Fashionista’s at ASU. You’ll never know what you’ll be interested in until you go and check it out. Grab a friend, too, so that you both can try new things and won’t be alone on this new adventure.

3. Take a Zumba/Pilates Class.

For those of you who like to keep active and dance, or don’t, then you should definitely take one of these classes. You’ll move, you’ll stretch, and take your body to a whole new level with these fun moves!

2. Try a new restaurant.

If you’re like me then you probably like to stick to what you know. But, unless you venture out to different places, you’ll never know what you might like. Maybe you’ll discover a passion for Thai food or even a secret love for Mediterranean. Hey, I’ll even join you on this new discovery because I definitely want to venture out of the usual fries with a milkshake.

1. Go to a party.

Here at ASU, we are practically known as a party school. So why not go to one and enjoy yourself (safely of course) at the parties being thrown on and off campus. Maybe there you’ll meet that guy you’ve been eyeing for a while and finally snag his number you’ve been dying to get!

Whether you join a club or go to a dance class, you’ll be sure to meet new people who are trying new things just like you. So go out there are be the adventurous person you want to be, this will surely hype up your experience at ASU.

Caroline Ortiz is currently a senior at Arizona State University majoring in English Literature with a minor in Film and Media Production. She co-founded the ASU Her Campus branch at her university in the spring of 2013 and is very happy to be a part of the Her Campus team! Apart from being involved with Her Campus, she is the Chief of Staff for ASU's Programming and Activities Board (PAB), a student run organization that strives to give their student body the best Sun Devil experience, Secretary of Las Hermanas of the Hispanic Mother Daughter Program, a club striving to provide a supportive and encouraging environment to University Latinas, a Trendspotter for MTV Insights, and was previously a Cosmopolitan Magazine Campus Representative! When she is not busy studying Literature (which requires reading endless amounts of Norton Editions) participating in PAB, Las Hermanas or crewing for a film, she enjoys her time off reading YA novels, magazine, shopping and brainstorming new and exciting things for HC ASU. Her ultimate goal is to move to a metropolitan city and become an Editor-in-Chief for a publishing house or crewing for a feature film!