Mr. Taylor Place and More: Jimmy Arwood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Meet downtown Phoenix celeb, Mr. Taylor Place.

What is your major?

“I am studying Public Policy with a concentration in Law and Policy.”

What inspired you to study this?

“Other than the fact that my dad picked my major for me, well probably the feeling of being able to change entire ways society works through writing and understanding policy.”

Could you briefly explain your involvement with lowering student tuition?

“I am currently the Executive Director of a program called Students for Affordable Tuition, which is currently on three campuses including ASU Downtown, ASU Tempe and at the U of A. We are hoping to be branching out to the Polytechnic campus in the next few weeks. The purpose of our organization is to bridge the gap between student frustration with tuition and direct action that they can take to make a difference.”

What is your ultimate career goal?

“I would love to one-day work in an environment where I can enact change, most likely somewhere within state government.”

To what do you accredit your win in the Mr. Taylor Place Pageant?

“I mean beyond my charming good looks? Well I’d say what I do have, are a very particular set of skills. Skills I’ve acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me an excellent public speaker for crowds such as that at the Mr. Taylor Place Pageant.”

And for the question we all really want to ask, what are you watching on Netflix?

“Depends who’s asking. If it’s a guy, I’m on that Walking Dead wagon. If it’s a girl, definitely always say Stuck in Love.”

Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.