American supermodel, entrepreneur and social icon? Who is she? You might have seen her on runways all over the world, in magazines, or even on Bravo’s Project Runway. She has a passion for technology and fashion. This lovely and inspiring individual is Karlie Kloss.
Karlie is a native Missourian who started her modeling career at the age of 13 when she was scouted walking around a mall. She has walked the runways for top designers–like Calivin Klein, Oscar de la Renta, Christian Dior, Alexander McQueen, and Versace– and for various shows during Fashion Week all over the world. She even walked in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show multiple times. Karlie is a global brand ambassador for Estee Lauder, as well as a spokeswoman for other brands like Dior, Versance, Adidas, Calvin Klien and Swarovski, and Carolina Herrera.
Since herVogue interview last year , Kloss has continued to promote feminism and support the young women who love to code and change the world.
Some fun facts about Karlie:
- She is 6’2 Birthday: August 3rd (SHE’S A LEO)
- She prefers baking over cooking
- Her favorite alcoholic beverage is a Mojito
- She is described as a BOSS by all her coders
- She is hyper competitive in board games
- LOVES COFFEE
- She has her own youtube channel thanks to the help of her friend Casey Nesitat, she wanted to be able to tell her own story directly from her to the audience.
- The best piece of advice she was ever given was, “Work hard, be humble, and always bring cookies.”