This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Halloween weekend is coming up and you’ve been searching for the cutest costume (or possibly costumes) online for days. You know of a Halloween party on Thursday the 30th, Friday the 31st, and Saturday the 1st. Can you re-wear a costume, or do you feel like you need three seperate costumes?

At $75 a costume, having three different outfits is out of the question.

Or is it?

I’ll be honest, I am not one that likes to wear the same costume three days in a row. But I also am not willing to spend over $200 for three costumes I may never wear again. Buying a costume used to be easy and inexpensive but now these outfits have become very detail oriented and expensive. Here are a few DIY costume ideas to be sure you are looking on point this spooky season as well as saving money! 

Here are a few DIY costume ideas for the craftiest girls and also for the girls that should not be let anywhere near an iron. Take a look!

Baywatch/Lifeguard

Make summer last just a little bit longer by dressing up as a lifeguard for Halloween! Living in the sunny state of Arizona allows us to dress on the lighter side all of the way through October. To create the classic Baywatch look, go to American Apparel and purchase this simple yet sexy body suit that can be re-worn for multiple occasions! Why spend $65 on a lifeguard costume that can only be worn once? With these three simple pieces, you will look beach ready in just under $40! 

Indian

Are you trying to be extra “hipster” this year by making as much of your costume as possible? Or maybe you are trying to save money and want to utilize your great crafting skills! Either way, this costume is one of the most affordable, cutest, and easiest costumes you can make!

1. Decide your color scheme. Think: neutrals with a pop of color, such as turquoise.

2. Measure the appropriate length for a skirt. *Note: always make it a little longer than you want it, that way there is room for error.

3. Once you have the accurate measurement for your skirt, cut two pieces of fabric and tie the sides. To better capture the look: cut the ends of the skirt, making the bottom of the skirt look ‘fringed.’

4. Next, take the other color fabric (or the same color depending on your preference) and cut a large square. Then, fold into a triangle and have someone tie it behind you, forming a knot.

*Optional: You can use a hot glue gun and decorate your skirt and top with beads and feathers.

*Use extra material to make a cute headband and or armband. Incorporate feathers and beads for a more authentic look.

Fairy/Butterfly

Are you the ultimate girly-girl? If you are anything like me, then you think girls should feel like a pretty princess every day of the year! Wear all of the pink, glitter and frills you want with this costume. The best part? It’s so super simple! Purchase some fairy/butterfly wings and a pink tutu (you probably already have one), throw on your favorite silver, sparkly jewelry and match some hot pink or glittery heels to tie it all together! Simply throw on a white, black or pink tank top or tube top and you’re outfit is complete! 

For more DIY costume ideas:

http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/Cheap-Homemade-Halloween-Costumes-20064402

http://thefashiongurublog.net/2014/09/11/halloween-2014-simple-and-sexy-diy-costume-ideas/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/29/halloween-costumes-for-women-2014_n_5844674.html

I am a hard worker and determined to get where I want in life. I am your typical girly-girl, I love pink and my favorite animal is an elephant! I am a junior at Arizona State University majoring in Journalism with a focus on PR. I have been modeling with FORD RBA since the age of five and absolutely fell in love with the Fashion & Beauty industry at a young age. I know exactly what I what in life and happy with the person I am becoming. I love my family more than I could ever explain & my friends have truly helped me get to where I am today. :)
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.