Campus Cutie: Selena Thompson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Name: Selena Thompson

Year: Sophomore

Major: Pyschology

Relationship Status: Happily taken

Hometown: Phoenix

Why did you choose this particular major? I care about people, all I want at the end of the day is for everyone to go to bed with a general peace of mind, I would love to aid those who aren’t at that content/sane point in there life and make things better.

Is there anything you want to do before graduating? I would love if my art would start getting recognized!

What’s your biggest accomplishment so far during college? Staying sane whilst juggling a job/ paying bills/ focusing on school!

Describe your ideal first date: Drinking coffee and making vegan pastries together!

What are some of your favorite hobbies? Drawing, writing poetry, reading, and eating of course :)

Favorite bands/musicians? Chelsea Wolfe, mewithouYou, Fleet Foxes, O’brother….. the list could go on

Favorite movies? Anything sad :)

Favorite food? VEGAN FOOOOD!!

Guilty pleasure? Thrifting… WAY too much

Celebrity crushes? Shia Laboeuf  :*

If you could hang out with anyone in the world for a day, dead or alive, who would it be and why? I would be honored to hang out with Edgar Allan Poe because I would love to see what he was like and ask him tips on writing poetry.

Do you have a weird talent? Or perhaps an interesting fact about yourself? No strange talent in particular, but an interesting fact is that my first word was “tattoo”! (obviously I had to live up to that and have quite a few)

What would be your ideal superpower? Talk to animals/ read minds!

My name is Alejandra Guillen and I am a junior at Arizona State University's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication and at Barrett, the Honors College. As most people do, I enjoy sleep, food (especially of the breakfast, gravy and meat varieties), and Ryan Gosling.