Campus Cutie: Caitlin Bohrer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Name: Caitlin Bohrer
Year: Sophomore
Major: Journalism and Mass Communication

What would you say has been your biggest accomplishment in college so far? 
I don’t know if I have one particular accomplishment but instead an accumulation of things that I am proud of like assimilating to college life without any major hiccups, getting an ‘A’ in JMC 301 (Intermediate Reporting and Writing) and working at Super Bowl Central in downtown Phoenix as a media operations associate during Super Bowl XLIX.

What goal do you want to meet by the end of the semester?
My goal is to finish off the semester strong in my classes and at my internship at the Arizona School Boards Association.

What’s your favorite study place?
I like the comfort of studying in my room! 

What has been the article you are most proud of?
I am most proud of my enterprise story I wrote for my Intermediate Reporting and Writing class last semester about the growth and expansion of business in my hometown of Queen Creek. It was a longer piece that took significant planning and time to produce, but I got to talk city officials and business owners of places my family and I go to which was cool.   

What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
On the weekends, I like to hang out with family and friends, check out the latest movies in theaters, catch up on needed sleep and depending on the time of year and attend sporting events like ASU football games. 
Caitlin (right) and her friend Taryn (left) meet Sparkey at an ASU football game.
Biggest Pet Peeve?
When people don’t live up to their potential.

Ideal date?
My ideal date would be something casual but also fun and entertaining like going to a Diamondbacks or Suns game (I love supporting my AZ teams!), but I am also up for any exciting adventures. Anything where I get to talk and get to know my date and what their interests are would be good with me. 

Favorite show?
I have too many, but a few of my favorites include: Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Revenge, Suits and The Big Bang Theory. I watch a variety of different shows that are currently on the air, but my all-time favorite show that has been long off the air is the 1950s classic “I Love Lucy.”  Lucille Ball brought me many smiles and laughs as a young girl that continue to this day.

What is something you can’t live without?
Something materialistic that I can’t live without is my iPhone! It is almost always by my side. As a journalist, that shouldn’t come as much of a surprise because I have this urge to always stay in touch with what is going on either via text, email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform. Whether it be a big national story or what ridiculous stunt one of the Kardashians pulled that day, I probably know about it. 

Something unmaterialistic that I can’t live without is the love and support of my family and friends.  I rely on them significantly for advice and guidance so it is hard to imagine living without them!

To read Caitlin’s favorite article and to view other works by her, check out her website.
I am a sophomore pursuing a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.