Campus Celebrity: Sarah Harrison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Name: Sarah Harrison

Major: Finance and Chain Supply

Expected Graduation date: December 2015

Favorite Movie: The Last Song

Celebrity Crush: Liam Hemsworth

Her Campus ASU: Being the President of ASU’s Programming and Activities Board (PAB) – one of the top leading student organizations on campus – must come with a ton of responsibility. Can you tell us what a typical week for you consists of around the office? 

Sarah Harrison: I normally get to the office about 7:30am Monday through Thursday, this way I can get work done before anyone else gets into the office. Then from there the daily task just depends on what events we have up and coming. Things I can typically expect during the week is to have a minimum of about 6 meetings and to sign a lot of papers. But I can honestly say there is never a dull moment in the office!

HC ASU: How do you manage to juggle PAB along with class and internships? 

SH: Time Management. I am big on using resources, Outlook Calendar, planners and other things to help me know what I have going on. Also one thing that I find beneficial in making certain my school work is not impacted by everything going on, I set aside a 3-hour time block twice a week where I just sit in my office doing school work and studying.

HC ASU: How long have you been a part of the organization? 

SH: This is my second year with PAB, I started out as the Business Relations Director and went on to become the President.

HCASU: What are some goals you wish to accomplish as President?

SH​: As President, my goal for the organizatio as well as personal, is to build relationships with others of the organization and university but also for them to develop as a professional to have skills that can be parlayed into the workforce.  

HC ASU: What’s something you want to tell the students about PAB?

SH: PAB truly cares about the students and we hope we are putting on the types of events that are of interest to the student body.

HC ASU: Are you involved in other student organizations or sororities? 

SH: I am involved with a few major related organizations on campus as well as various mentoring programs within W.P. Carey and Barrett, The Honors College.

HC ASU: What do you like to do in your free time? 

SH: I will admit, it is important for me to get 8 hours of sleep at night, so if I can fit free time in and get adequate sleep, then I’m all for it. To me just sitting down watching tv for a few hours is great, going to the movies or going to a dance studio and just dancing again for fun any chance I get!

HC ASU: What have been some of your most memorable experiences at ASU thus far? 

SH: One of my most memorable moments at ASU was Homecoming 2013. I was helping with set up for the Homecoming Parade the day before. An experience that lasted until about 5:00am the day of the parade; needless to say I didn’t get 8 hours of sleep that night. But the thought of riding around in carts, freezing cold with the wind blowing, eating cold chicken and being deliriously tired with some of the best people I’ve meet at this university, will be a lasting memory I have forever!

HC ASU: Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? 

SH: In 5 years, I see myself having been out in to the workforce for about 2 to 3 years after having obtained my MBA. Hopefully working for a Fortune 500 company in an operations position, working my way up the food chain.

HC ASU: Any other comments you wish you add? 

SH: Go Devils!!!!

Caroline Ortiz is currently a senior at Arizona State University majoring in English Literature with a minor in Film and Media Production. She co-founded the ASU Her Campus branch at her university in the spring of 2013 and is very happy to be a part of the Her Campus team! Apart from being involved with Her Campus, she is the Chief of Staff for ASU's Programming and Activities Board (PAB), a student run organization that strives to give their student body the best Sun Devil experience, Secretary of Las Hermanas of the Hispanic Mother Daughter Program, a club striving to provide a supportive and encouraging environment to University Latinas, a Trendspotter for MTV Insights, and was previously a Cosmopolitan Magazine Campus Representative! When she is not busy studying Literature (which requires reading endless amounts of Norton Editions) participating in PAB, Las Hermanas or crewing for a film, she enjoys her time off reading YA novels, magazine, shopping and brainstorming new and exciting things for HC ASU. Her ultimate goal is to move to a metropolitan city and become an Editor-in-Chief for a publishing house or crewing for a feature film!