Campus Celebrity – Kaly Nasiff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

The first time I saw Kaly on campus first semester, I thought she was a sophomore. I thought this because she walked around with a sense of ease and familiarity that not many of us had the first weeks of classes. Upon learning she was freshman, she became one of the most familiar faces of our college’s community last year.

A journalism major hailing from Gilbert, Arizona, Kaly’s memorable moments include dressing up as Harry Styles for Halloween (complete with a “Hipsta, Please” shirt) and trying on a vintage suit on a First Friday. 

This year, she works with PAB Downtown, an activity board that plans events on the downtown Phoenix campus. If you see her at one of these events in a turquoise shirt, you should tell her hello.

“(I get) to put on events for all my fellow Sun Devils,” Nasiff said upon being asked what her favorite thing about PAB is.

Her fellow Sun Devils are one of her favorite things about ASU. When asked about her favorite thing about ASU, she said, “All of the amazing people I’ve met!”

In her free time when not working on events for PAB or spending time with her friends, Nasiff is a student of Barrett, the Honors College.

Involved in the social as well as academic communities of her school, Kaly is a well-rounded Sun Devil always present with a smile on her face.

In the future, Kaly wants to become a talk-show host, and her journalism skills will no doubt aid in her becoming the next Jimmy Fallon. 

If you wanted to become Kaly’s friend after reading this piece, you should know that her favorite color is blue. I do not know what shade of blue, but all shades of blue are really pretty. You can also buy her a One Direction CD, as One Direction is not only her inspiration for Halloween costumes, but also her favorite band. She describes herself as, “loud, quirky, and loyal,” which are three pretty good traits to have in a friend.

I'm a college freshman with a love for anything pop culture. I like to dance, sleep, and be surrounded by positivity.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.