neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Brace Yourself: Finals are Coming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

The semester is almost over and you can just about taste the sweet freedom of winter break. Yes, it is that time of year again; finals are among us. Let me guess, you are trying to grasp every last point possible or you are at least calculating what the minimum score is you need to earn on the final exam in order to pass your class. Don’t worry, we have all been there. You are basically to the point where all you can do is laugh, though the laughter may just be to cover up your tears. Now you may think you won’t make it but you can! You are almost there. Here are nine tips to help you power through and ace your tests:

1. Never underestimate needing to study. You can never be over prepared.

2. Note cards. Yes they seem so “high school”, but did they ever let you down?

3. Get a good night’s sleep in. You’ll feel refresed in the morning and you won’t make little tedious mistakes.

4. COFFEE. Trust me on this; coffee is a gift to the world. 

5. Study in increments. Study on and off for a few days rather than cramming the night before. You will retain so much more information this way.

6. Choose a quite room to study in and turn off the television. You do not want any distractions. 

7. Mnemonic devices aka lifesavers when needing to remember orders or lists. 

8. Turn off your phone. Like I said… No distractions. 

9. Breathe. Everything is going to be okay.

Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.